SUMMER WITH ELXR
As the seasons change, so do our cravings. Our bodies are saying see ya to warm comfort food and gimme to foods and drinks that are hydrating and refreshing. At elxr, we’re here to answer your body’s needs with our hydrating, energizing and immune boosting nutritionist-developed recipes.
We’re so excited that summer is finally here (Toronto in the summer is a whole new city) and so excited to be spending it with you. All items now are available at Yorkville Village, and tomorrow at Bayview Village!
Specialty Cold Drinks
- Iced Blue Detox Tea, Lemon Juice, Maple Syrup, Ice. (Available without maple.)
- Turns purple! The butterfly pea flower in the tea interacts with acid, turning it from blue to purple!!! (Check out the video, being posted this week on Instagram!)
- Caffeine-free, and uplifting due to citrus (lemongrass + lemon pieces)
- Digestive calming (chamomile + licorice)
- Light bitters help to stimulate liver detoxification (chamomile + lemon pieces)
- Licorice is protective for the liver, help builds stress resistance + helps sore throats by helping soothe and coat inflamed tissues.
- Blue pigment in butterfly pea flower is very high in protective antioxidants.
- Matcha Green Tea, Cold Pressed Cucumber Juice, Lemon Juice, Maple Syrup, Ice. (Available without maple.)
- Sooo cooling + refreshing!
- Matcha is high in antioxidants, energizing, increases metabolism + is beneficial for reducing stress and improving focus.
- Cucumber is high in silica, a mineral which is important for skin health and beneficial for strong hair + nails
Specialty Hot Drinks
- Matcha Green Tea, MCT Oil, Coconut Butter, Raw Almond Butter
- Why have you been hearing so much about “bullet-proof” drinks recently? Combining coffee or tea with MCT oil and other healthy fats give you energy that lasts – the bullet-proof comes from the MCT!
- The caffeine hits your blood-stream slower due to combining it with the fats, so it affects you over a longer time – AKA fewer jitters, more sustained energy.
- For those doing the ketogenic diet, having this first thing in the morning allows you to remain in a fasted state while still getting energy from the caffeine, and also from the MCT oil.
- Raw almond butter provides creaminess and a bit of protein as well as more healthy fats and minerals like calcium.
- Coconut butter provides richness, as well as more fats, many in the form of MCT’s.
- Matcha green tea is high in antioxidants + increases metabolism + is good for focus.
- Turmeric, Ginger, Cinnamon, Medjool Dates, Licorice, Black Pepper Extract. Made with choice of milk (oat or cashew).
- Great if feeling under the water – turmeric + ginger are both great for immunity.
- As mentioned above, licorice is good for stress, energy, anti-viral + soothing sore throats.
- Sweetened with whole dates, so less sweet + provides tryptophan (good for mood).
- Anti-inflammatory – turmeric + ginger reduces inflammation.
Meet our newest cold-pressed juice. Thirst-quenching and bursting with pineapple + grapefruit flavour, this new summertime beverage is your grab and go option to fruity hydration. (Also makes a great summertime mimosa.)
- Pineapple, grapefruit, goji berry, beet, lemon + lime
- Liver cleansing Due to high vitamin C content + slightly bitter grapefruit!
- Skin health: antioxidants from fruit + vitamin C to promote collagen.
- Antioxidants: Vitamin C protects cells from damage + pink pigments from goji berries protective as well!
What are we saying goodbye to?
- Hot Drinks: Spiked Hot Cacao, Cup of Youth
- Winter White + Hot Detox Soup